Winnipeg Children's Access Agency
The Winnipeg Children’s Access Agency (WCAA) is a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to facilitate contact between children and their family members in a safe, neutral and child-focused environment.
WCAA offers supervised visits and supervised exchanges for families who have experienced some level of conflict in their relationships. Volunteers are a key part of the service.
This position is under review and as such, the hours may be part time or full time.
The Intake Coordinator is a key liaison to the site team, and daily and weekly hours of work may vary and be irregular at times.
The incumbent is responsible for all interactions with prospective clients up until the file has been opened and service has commenced.
· Respond to general inquiries regarding WCAA services.
· Perform client telephone interviews to gather preliminary information. Document client information according to WCAA Standards of Operation and Policies.
· Perform in-person intake interviews to collect pertinent information, to complete appropriate documentation and to communicate WCAA policies, procedures, and expectations.
· Assess client eligibility for use of WCAA services, including reviewing legal documents such as protection orders, court orders pertaining to access, and other relevant documents.
· Coordinate with the Volunteer Coordinator and Assistant Director regarding clients’ scheduling.
· Monitor and manage the WCAA waitlist for supervised visitation services weekly and submit monthly waitlist statistics to the Assistant Director.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, and a Child Abuse Registry and Adult Abuse Registry Check.
· A combination of related post-secondary education and experience working with families caught in the cycle of domestic violence.
· Understanding of the issues related to custody, separation and divorce.
· Familiarity with the justice system including protective orders is an asset (i.e. Protection Orders, Recognizance, Undertaking, etc.)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
· Experience and sensitivity to working with a diverse client population.
Applicants are to indicate their work preference for a part time or full time position.
Please apply to the Assistant Director at [email protected]
Closing Date: July 26, 2021
Facebook Recomendar Você recomenda isso.Cadastre-se para ver o que seus amigos recomendam.