Training Delivery Specialist
Through your efforts, a solid training approach will be established with proven business impact to support business transformation. There is a lot to create and establish in this role, so we require someone with not only vision but also ability to build and execute on a stand-alone basis. This is a hands-on role focused on assessing program and business training needs, establishing training programs and processes, as well as designing and delivering learning programs.
We are looking for a senior, experienced Training & Development Lead to partner with our Business, IT and Program leadership to help drive our success!
We think you would be a great fit if:
• You love being a ‘tactical’ training strategist — understanding the best strategic approach overall while being able to roll up your sleeves to design and deliver unique training programs.
• You understand and drive training programs aligned to complex programs with multiple workstreams launching frequent, new technical features
• You thrive in an agile environment and know how to adapt training techniques and approaches to support an agile delivery model.
• You are adept at applying various training techniques to address a wide range of behavioural and technical training.
• You are passionate about results and focus on delivering learning in a manner that supports behavior change with high frequency.
• You have fantastic communication skills – you can talk tech with the techies and business with our business partners. You use those communication skills to tailor training approaches and provide clear, concise programs to meet audience needs.
• You see the value of a ‘matrix’ environment and have excellent collaboration skills that enable you to deliver cross-functional business results.
• You love to ‘problem solve’ and work closely with cross-functional teams to draw out learning needs and content to deliver solutions as there will be unchartered territory in this role.
What will you be doing?
• Perform needs analysis and gap assessment with current state to develop training strategy and delivery needs go-forward for the program
• Develop future state proposal and training strategy to support program and business transformation training requirements
• Partner with Program Leadership to determine audience needs and establish approach for immediate deliverables
• Work with agile delivery teams to develop and deliver training programs and material to imbed knowledge transfer and required behaviour change
• Partner with trainers in appropriate business areas to establish relationships, deliver train-the-trainer content and manage the pipeline of new program content to respective training areas
• Work closely with Change Management, Agile, Marketing and Communications to align the training approach and messaging to the business/program story and launch schedule
• Work closely with Human Resources, Technology and Program Leadership to provide training insight, expertise and support to orient, on-board, develop and provide multi-skilling learning opportunities for program staff
• Lay the foundation for evaluating outcomes of training initiatives, metrics and reporting
up to $75/hr
Work for one of the top financial service organizations in Canada
Located in the K/W region
• You have worked in a role with progressive training experience and program design for at least 10+ years.
• You have relevant experience in developing and executing learning strategies and solutions in large, complex programs
• You have demonstrated success implementing training and learning solutions in an agile environment
• You are known for your AMAZING verbal and written communication skills at all organization levels.
• You are known to be a quick learner and an innovative problem solver who is flexible and uses good judgment.
• You have strong project management and execution skills to ensure successful delivery/implementation of learning initiatives and programs
• You have a degree, certificate or designation in adult learning and/or university degree in related field
• You are known as a ‘team player’ and as someone who can work ‘independently’, while multi-tasking multiple priorities with tight deadlines.
• You have a strategic, forward-looking mindset with a focus on results
• You demonstrate strong interpersonal and leadership skills. You can build relationships easily with a diverse group of program and business teams.
• You’re fun to be around and WOW, can we count on you
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.