Client On-boarding & Account Opening Specialist
Our client, on of the top banks globally, is hiring a Client On-boarding & Account Opening Specialist for a 6 month contract with long term potential.
Manage the client onboarding experience, expectations and communications following the completion of the sale by the Relationship Manager (RM). Coordinate the onboarding process, including the collection of client information required to complete the Client Due Diligence (CDD) profile, to the point where the client has an active cash account and channel access.
Engage existing clients in the collection of detailed client information and supporting documentation required for the completion of the CDD profile at all times in the customer lifecycle, including CDD trigger events and reviews as part of global standards.
– Take ownership for the development of an onboarding plan and the creation of the client application pack
– Manage the client experience throughout the onboarding of new to bank clients and the CDD refresh for existing clients; maintaining the highest standard of excellence in customer service and answer client queries as and when they arise
– Request and follow-up with the client for outstanding information and documentation; including KYC/CDD and signed account opening documents
– Handle requests for additional information from CDD Operations and liaise further with the client as required
Located in downtown Vancouver
up to $30.68/hr
Work for one of the largest global banks
– Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
– Commercial banking knowledge
– Commercial awareness
– A record of successful accomplishment in providing consistently outstanding customer service.
– Language requirements (based on local needs)
– Proven track record in a client focused environment
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.