SENIOR VESSEL DESIGNER/DRAFTER
Senior Vessel Designer / Drafter
You are an experienced Drafter who is efficient in producing clear and accurate fabrication drawings with emphasis on pressure vessels and / or towers. We are looking for someone who has done detailed drafting work.
Permanent, Full-Time position
Wage: $70,000 to 75,000 annually
Health and Dental benefits
Compressed work week; Monday to Thursday, 7:30AM to 4:30PM and Friday is 7:30AM to 12:30PM
Opportunity working with a company that values integrity, workmanship and excellent customer service
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare clear and accurate fabrication drawings in accordance with the customer requirements, engineering design information, company standard drawing and fabrication practices
• Check drawings according to company standards procedures
• Incorporate drawing and design revisions initiated through client comments and/or engineering design
• Create requisitions for specified non-stock materials and services
• Ensure production of high-quality, accurate and cost effective work
• Drafting Technology Diploma from a reputed educational institutions
• Experience with AutoCAD Inventor, 3D Modelling and with some steel detailing
• Minimum eight (8) years of drafting experience, on pressure vessels/towers considered an asset
• Familiar with end-user standards
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as datasheets, standards and specifications, purchase orders and other contractual documents
• Proficient knowledge of industry best practices
• Proven ability to produce high quality work while facing competing priorities and strict deadlines
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite (emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Generally, work takes place in an office environment
• May occasionally be required to enter the workshop / yard space. In the workshop / yard space, there is potential exposure to fumes, airborne particles, flying debris, welding arc-flashes, heavy equipment movements, lifting and overhead hazards, extreme noise, and outside weather conditions.
• Wearing and using proper personal protective equipment is required.
Interested candidates are also encouraged to submit a copy of their updated resume to Resource Manager, Geraldine Valiarayil at geraldine.valiarayilrandstad.ca, with the Job Order Number / Position Name in the subject line.
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.