Operations Manager – Machining and Fabrication
We are looking to fill an Operations Manager position, a senior position which involves overseeing the production of goods and/or provision of services. Reporting to the President, you will be responsible for overseeing the strategic business, budget planning and assignment of work throughout multiple departments. You will develop and implement new processes and procedures and will be responsible for executing the work in accordance to the organization’s ISO standards / requirements.
If you are ready to take the challenge working in a fast paced environment, this opportunity is for you to explore!
• Permanent, Full-time
• Competitive compensation packages and an emphasis on employee development
• Opportunity working with a company that has employee-first culture
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate in the estimating, quoting and planning stages of all jobs so relevant information is shared and considered while making decisions
• Create and maintain a production schedule board and assist in preparation of work orders to verify that they meet all specifications and requirements of the job
• Ensure the shop is set up for effective and efficient flow which contributes to the organization’s ability to meet the schedule in a safe and timely manner
• Collaborate with the President on cost analysis, cost saving strategies and future opportunities
• Lead in the development and implementation of operating procedures to ensure consistent operation
• Lead operation improvements strategies and assist with business and budget forecasting
• Ensure accuracy of work related drawings and models and influence positive profitability
• Evaluate production related issues, facilitate a root cause analysis and provide effective solutions and standardization to increase productivity
• Conduct daily meetings to review production details
• Organize and run weekly production meetings with upper management to review past week’s performances and set the goal for the new week
• Assist in conducting staff reviews with an effective system of accountability in performance and problem resolution, capitalize on opportunities and employee development
• Oversee all facility and machine related maintenance and purchases
• Provide quarterly inspection reports to the President of completed maintenance
• Conduct inventory, quarterly reviews and set plan of action
• Ensure that inspection/calibration of measuring tools and gauges are completed as per the organization’s quality policy
• Coach, support and give directives to staff where necessary
• Provide customer support and track feedback
Education, Skills and Experience
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, in a management role
• Completed Diploma or Degree in Engineering desired but not mandatory
• Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) or Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) designation desired but not mandatory
• Completed management courses
• Machining knowledge is a must
• Welding knowledge is an asset
• E2 knowledge considered an asset
• Strong interest in engineering and manufacturing
• Advanced problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies and industry information affecting the operations
• Well organized and must be capable of managing numerous detail orientated tasks simultaneously
• Strong technical intuition
• Has experience reading blueprints, manufacturing drawings, and/or technical documents.
• Strong leadership, multitasking, prioritization, conflict resolution and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated collaborative approach to working with staff, colleagues and management
• Proficient in the usage of Microsoft office software
• Flexibility to work hours as instructed by business needs
Interested candidates are also encouraged to submit a copy of their updated resume to Resource Manager, Geraldine Valiarayil at geraldine.valiarayilrandstad.ca, with the Job Order Number / Position Name in the subject line.
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.