30 January, 2019
Location, Calgary, Alberta
Are you a passionate librarian who enjoys working with students and in a school system? Do you possess a combination of competencies and/or experience that relate to library operation, computer skills and interpersonal skills? Interested in exploring a new opportunity to work with Calgary Schools as a librarian in a contract assignment, then this is for you.
What will you do at this job?
• Provides efficient and timely cataloging of resources, as well as maintains the Learning Commons (LC) collection through standard cataloging practices and systems
• Provides efficient and timely organization, circulation and maintenance of LC resources
• Provides a different combination of LC programming such as orientation, storytelling, book talks, book fairs
• Makerspace challenges, educational technology and promoting the use of digital resources
• Promotes the LC programming by collaborating with teacher and staff
• Acts as the liaison between the school and Instructional Media Centre by training staff to book resources independently
• Attends District and other Professional Development to ensure their LC programming is current and reflective of Calgary school’s philosophy
• Models and facilitates strategies for locating, accessing and evaluating resources for staff and students
• Builds and maintains Makerspace items to support project-based learning, design challenges and/or CTF options
• The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the school staff and students
Why do you want this job?
• Working with a diverse professional team
• Strong sense of community
• Great work/life balance
• Recognition when you do a good job
• Lots of room for growth
• Transit accessible
• Good pay
Why are you the right fit?
o High school diploma and general knowledge of library procedures supplemented by post-secondary library courses
o Library Technician Certificate (2-year program)
o Two (2) years’ learning commons experience, preferably in a school setting
o One (1) year learning commons experience, preferably in a school setting
• Familiarity with automated library cataloging and circulation systems, particularly with the current software used by Calgary Schools
• Perform more complex LC tasks including database searching, LC network technology, cataloging and classification, simple web design and records management
• Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills with a strong service orientation
• Basic knowledge of Google Drive
• Proficient with Google Drive, Microsoft Office, electronic search techniques and Office, electronic search techniques and the use of the use of various information technologies in various information technologies in education
• Proficient with audio-visual equipment
• Basic knowledge of audio-visual operation
• In accordance with Board Policy, the successful applicant will be required to provide a
current Criminal Record Check and Alberta Child Intervention Record Check.
Thank you for your interest and application. If you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity, please apply online or contact me TODAY on saba.altukmachyrandstad.ca. The qualified candidates will be contacted accordingly.
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.