Email Marketing Specialist
We are looking for an Email Marking Specialist for an exciting opportunity!
Working closely with all key departments of the organization, the Email Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the email marketing schedule, creating targeted list segments as well as designing, coding and sending a high volume of emails covering all departments on behalf of the organization in collaboration with all key areas of Canadian Division. The selected candidate will also prepare analysis on the performance of our emails and the impact they are having on our web traffic. A key component to this position with be working with and engaging the other members of the team on an ongoing basis to ensure the continuity and professionalism of this work.
Daily Responsibilities (approximate 80%)
• Execute internal and external email programs and campaigns using industry best practice techniques
• Manage expectations of internal stakeholders and ensure timely execution of email marketing initiatives encompassing -to-advisor mailings, -to-Sponsor mailings, Sponsor-to-Consumer mailings and -to-advisor-to-consumer mailings
• Increase email engagement using A/B and MVT methodologies. Tests will range from basic subject line tests to more complex, algorithmic experiments
• Keep abreast of the latest developments in email, mobile and digital advertising trends, identifying opportunities for continual improvement in digital marketing efforts. Understanding optimization methodologies and the situational application of such tactics to bolster campaign results is a key measure of success for this role
• Build relationships with key internal stakeholders to foster a collaborative approach to the execution of initiatives
• Monitor compatibility of email communications across platforms and devices, optimizing email structure to match target audience requirements
Additional Project Responsibilities (approximate 20%)
• Provide insights to internal team members when major transitions occur in email service provider platforms, including potential impact assessment for executions
• Use third party tools to measure inbox effectiveness, monitoring deliverability beyond server level (hard and soft bounces) to ensure messages are reaching the inbox.
• Engage in non-technical dialogue with third party ESPs and smaller ISPs to ensure white listing of email
• Design and customize existing email templates to meet the needs of the various business units
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies):
• 1 -2 years’ experience with email marketing and design
• Post-secondary education in Marketing, communication arts, computer science or at least 2 years of related work experience in email / digital marketing
• Strong, hands-on experience managing, deploying and measuring email marketing communications
• Great attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple conversation streams from various stakeholders without losing focus
• Well versed in fundamental interactive design disciplines and best practices
• Ability to QA emails prior to deployment and serve as a back-up to the primary deployment specialist
• Experience with industry leading Email Service Provider (ESP) platforms (e.g. ExactTarget, Epsilon, SilverPop, etc.)
• Strong communication skills across disciplines and the ability to effectively articulate digital marketing principles based on industry best practice guidelines, personal experience and research findings
• Ability to execute best practices for digital marketing throughout the customer journey
• Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS standards and of browser and email environments, including known compatibility issues across platforms / email clients
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task while managing expectations of numerous stakeholders
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be an asset
• Ideal candidate would have experience marketing in both B2B and B2C environments and understand the tactical differences between marketing to each type of audience
• Knowledge of industry compliance requirements (PIPEDA, CASL, CAN-SPAM etc.)
• Manage email deployments on behalf of all internal stakeholders, ensuring that the advisor and consumer experiences are enhanced by the use of email marketing tactics
• Execute email marketing efforts across Business Units, enabling best practice results to be brought forward and continually striving to maximize the response rate of campaigns
Scope (Dimensions & Organizational Impact):
• Receive and interpret feedback creatively and strategically; collaborate with external agencies, internal designers and various web team members on all major projects to deliver against the strategic direction and continue to develop usable and useful user experiences and visual designs within email and external marketing campaigns
• Take initiative to propose changes to marketing and communication methodologies; provide feedback and guidance for revisions to external agencies when necessary
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.