Accounting Analyst – Capital Markets
one of Canada’s top banks, is hiring a Accounting Analyst for 6 month contract with long term potential. The Capital Markets Accounting Team is responsible for the integrity and timeliness of the Capital Markets business units’ financial reporting. In this, you will report to the senior manager within the accounting center of excellence (“COE”). You will be largely supporting Trading Accounting and will carry out daily accounting tasks as well as the monthly book close. A large focus will be on supporting month end functions. You will also be providing guidance to more junior team members.
Accounting and Controls – The resource will drive accurate, complete, and timely inputs to the various reporting groups.
• Provide accounts attestation and ensure all balance sheet accounts are substantiated. Inspire adherence to timing in Service Level Agreements and support the investigation and analysis of different methodologies by liaising with the Front Office, the CFO group, Accounting Policy, Reporting COE, Reconciliations COE and Operations.
Relationship management – The resource must have good communication, teamwork, partnership and relationship building skills sufficient to act in a collaborative manner with team members and stakeholders from different backgrounds and experiences.
• They will liaise daily with Finance, Front Office and other Capital Markets’ stakeholder groups.
Agility – The resource must support agile accounting processes and controls to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
• Ensure changes in accounting policies/requirements are implemented in a controlled manner.
• Maintain adequate end to end process maps and detailed task manuals in accordance with best practices, regulatory requirements, SOX, and Internal Controls
Experience – in Capital Markets accounting, in order to support the oversight and governance functions. This includes enhancement of financial controls across multiple groups. The resource must have strong knowledge of IFRS and Financial Reporting requirements for Financial Instruments. The resource must understand interest rate products, customized bonds, money market, cross currencies, forwards, options, and other vanilla and non-standard derivative transactions.
• Review month end accounting entries and supporting schedules according to accounting/control procedures to adhere to regulatory guidelines.
• Review daily controls and reconciliation of systems to GL to ensure accuracy.
• Meet and/or exceed all documented Service Level Agreements with business partners to ensure Service Excellence is achieved.
• Resolve any month-end issues related to the general ledger to ensure correct reporting.
Located steps from Union Station
Work for one of the largest Canadian Banks
• CPA designation (current and in good standing)
• Financial industry experience
• Good understanding of CM financial instruments
• Knowledge of operational and control procedures of financial systems
• 5 + years of experience
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.