Web Designer/Specialist (AODA)
Our client in Kingston Ontario is looking for a Web Developer/Specialist with AODA for a 7 month contract to start.
Experience and Qualifications
Rated Criterion Criterion Details
• 10+ years professional experience as a web designer.
• Demonstrated experience designing user interfaces for Java-based web
• Demonstrated experience using of HTML and CSS.
• Demonstrated experience creating wireframes and other UI design
documentation that can be followed by web developers.
• Demonstrated experience creating CSS to manage the web page rendition
of web applications.
• Knowledge of UI frameworks for Java web applications (i.e., JSF,
Analytical and Communication Skills
• Demonstrated experience working with a large project team.
• Demonstrated experience providing project updates, progress reports to
project managers while managing expectations pertaining to scope and
• Demonstrated experience communicating across many functional areas to
actively engage project stakeholders and manage client expectations with
diverse interests, technical and non- technical backgrounds using the
appropriate level of political acuity and messaging for the audience.
• Written communication skills to assist in the preparation of authoritative
recommendations, proposals and design documentation.
• A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience to act independently and make decisions that
achieve optimal results with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated experience documenting all aspects of the assignment
(design, procedures, implementation guides, etc.) for the purpose of doing
knowledge transfer to staff.
• Strong experience designing web pages readable by industry standard
• Strong experience designing web pages following industry accessibility
guidelines and standards (WCAG 2.0).
• Experience creating clean, unique and innovate web interfaces using text,
color, sound and imagery in banners, icons, menus, etc.
• Experience designing attractive and alluring pages that are both intuitive,
functional and easily navigable for web applications.
• Experience designing UI for web applications following accessibility
standards and guidelines.
• Experience with accessibility guidelines and standards for web
• Experience collaborating with a web developer to create structure and
HTML content for the site.
• Experience optimizing website speeds.
• Familiarity with designing mobile-friendly capabilities for web applications.
• Familiarity with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
• Familiar with Ontario Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA)
OPS Experience • Familiar with the OPS’ IT policies and procedures
For further information and immediate consideration, don’t delay, apply online today!
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.