Financial Analyst – Oracle ERP (GL)
Our top insurance client is hiring a Financial Analyst with a strong Oracle background. The Financial Analyst performs professional level of accounting tasks within the accounting operation function. This position is responsible for the accounting duties month end close, manual journal entries and execution of mass allocation.
This role will support the Manager, Corporate Accounting in coordinating with other finance department to collect reports for the monthly Financial Results package, as well as preparing the Commission analysis with business categories and regions.
• Compile the consolidated Financial Results package including results commentaries, KPIs, P&L in UKIFRS & CIFRS, Reinsurance, Claims Analysis and operations, Commission, Broker results, LTIR and Expense reports; maintain multiple iteration
• Responsible for the accounting duties of FA Pools, hospital levies, CPC and commission accrual
• Responsible for executing mass allocation, elimination, ULAE / ALAE, IBNR reserving, ACE FA, Management Fees and NSL allocation; ensure allocation is being executed correcting by reviewing the control / exception reports
• Provide support to the business analyst team in process improvement project and data governance assignment
• Act as a change catalyst, promoting ideas for streamline and simplify month end allocation procedures
• Act as the custodian of mass allocation set up; carried out regression testing as the result of changes in accounting methods or account hierarchies
• Perform account reconciliation of commission accruals, FA Pools, other receivables
Located in Markham – free shuttle bus from the subway or GO station
4 month contract with long term potential
Work for one of the largest Insurance providers in Canada
• An accounting or business administration bachelor degree holder
• A designated professional accountant (CA, CGA or CMA) or working towards to complete a professional accounting designation will be an asset
• Technical knowledge of IFRS, CIFRS or USGAAP accounting standard
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to effectively communicate with managers and peers on business issue and solution
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; sound problem solving skills with capability of multi-tasking
• Ability and passion to improve processes while simultaneously delivering under tight timelines
• Good understanding of the various aspects of Accounting operations and the associated operational and accounting dynamics
• Initiative to explore new ideas and the ability to motivate others to accept progress and change
• Ability to deal with conflict and facilitate resolution amongst staff and peers
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.