Quality Engineer – St. Catharines
Our client in the Automotive Industry in the St. Catharines area has partnered with Randstad Engineering in their search for a Quality Engineer to join their team! As a Quality Engineer, you would support products throughout the life cycle while working with customers, suppliers and our processes and people.
In this role, responsibilities would include:
– Oversee maintenance of the IATF16949 quality system, developing audit schedules, packages and overseeing internal audit completion. Overseeing CAR’s and follow-up for closure.
– Conduct product, process and systems and audits of the IATF16949 quality system.
– Lead corrective actions for quality related concerns.
– Travel on short notice to customer/supplier locations, coordinating containment and follow-up on concerns.
– Lead change control functions within the Quality department.
– Launch new products through APQP to PPAP, working with customers and launch team.
– Lead actions focused on reducing scrap, rework and inspection costs.
– Lead change, develop and implement best practices.
As a qualified candidate, you meet the following requirements:
– 2+ years of quality experience working in a manufacturing environment
– Post secondary education diploma/degree, preferably in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering
– Familiarization with automotive quality standard ISO/IATF16949
– Experience with APQP, PPAP, MSA and FMEA and IMDS requirements
– Experience in NDT inspection techniques.
– Experiencing using Minitab
– Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport; must be able to enter the United States and Mexico
If you are interested in this role, apply today! Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.