Senior Accounting Analyst – Banking
Our client, Canada’s oldest bank, is hiring a Senior Analyst to work for Corporate Areas Controllers within the bank.
The Senior Accounting Analyst on the Corporate NIX team is accountable to analyze and report on the financial performance of the Corporate pillar to support the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process including management, regulatory and external reporting.
The Senior Accounting Analyst will provide value added ideas, advice and recommendations on financial governance and regulatory matters including procedures to support decision making
Financial Analysis & Model Delivery
• Prepare results reporting documents and provide ongoing, timely and accurate analysis of financial results to support month-end and quarter-end close processes.
• Support month-end and quarter-end reporting packages and Financial Statements in accordance with IFRS; reviewing all information for reasonableness, escalating any areas of concern and making amendments, if necessary.
• Prepare and update process and control related documentation.
Risk Management, Control, and Financial Governance
• Manage group attestation for the validity of financial results and highlight significant information including variances and trends.
• Prepare journal entries for month-end close.
• Identify control risks and gaps; ensure appropriate action plans are in place to address the risk
• Provide information and support the process for internal (Corporate and SOX) and external audits, ensuring that requests are managed effectively and efficiently.
• Complete/support the regulatory and external reporting requirements ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information.
Client & Relationship Management
• Display and encourage appropriate high performance behaviours that reflect our culture
• Act as a subject matter expert to ensure financial information is reported completely and accurately.
• Build strong relationships and provide value add advice to ensure financial results are well understood.
Change & Innovation
• Optimize the use of new technology and information systems updates to improve processes and system efficiencies
• Support the operationalization of change initiatives to ensure optimal effectiveness and efficiency from a finance perspective.
• Collaborate with finance colleagues to support changes within the finance team
Very strong Permanent potential
Work from home on occasion
Yonge and Bloor location
One of the following: CA, CMA, CGA, MBA (Finance), BA (Economics, Commerce), CFA, or equivalent
– 5+ years experience in Finance
– Strong technical skills and understanding of information systems
– Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
– Experience with booking/reviewing journal entries is critical
– CPA in good standing (CPA achieved)
– Strong communication skills
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.