Legal Assistant- Edmonton 29763
Are you looking for a great opportunity within a top 5 bank? Do you have Law Clerk experience and are knowledgeable about the court system? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant for a 3-month contract with a top 5 bank in downtown Edmonton.
Pay rate: $30.00/hr
Hours: Mon-Fri (9-5 pm)
As a Legal Assistant your main job duties include:
– Prepare transcription of written or recorded documents, standard legal documents i.e. correspondence, factums, motions, summonses, etc.
– Draft standard legal documents, correspondence and pleadings for review by lawyer(s). Edits grammar, punctuation and spelling as needed.
– Use initiative and judgment in Lawyer’s absence, i.e. negotiates extensions of time.
– Manage Lawyer’s calendar i.e., schedules appointments, coordinates appearances.
– Answer a wide variety of telephone inquiries based on knowledge of case. Responds to inquiries exercising good judgment and discretion.
– Respond to written or telephone inquiries with a standard letter.
– Organize and maintain Lawyer’s files
– Gain experience within a leading Canadian bank in Downtown Edmonton
– Earn a competitive Legal Assistant pay rate
– Great contract length of 3 months
– Possibility of extension
– Court system knowledge
– Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
– Excellent Typing/Data entry (speed and & accuracy)
– 3 years Law Clerk Experience
* Clear credit and criminal check required *
Interested in this Legal Assistant position in Edmonton? Apply online today!
Qualified candidates will be contacted.
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.