Weapons Systems Engineer
Weapons Systems Engineer
Our Major Defense client in London Ontario is looking for a Weapons Systems Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Responsible for market, technology, and competitive intelligence gathering related to weapon systems. Leverage insights to propose, justify and oversea weapon system projects.
• Weapon Systems Lead for all International medium caliber weapon station programs
• Support weapons station business development initiatives including customer briefings and demonstrations
• Lead the development of systems requirements for all weapon station vendors
• Review and approve critical contractual deliverables from weapon system suppliers. As required, support suppliers with qualification planning, execution and troubleshooting.
• Support Supply Chain Management with selection and technical management of weapon station and weapon station subsystems vendors
• Develop weapon station project candidates
• Investigate and support Supply Chain Management in identifying available technologies, both state of the art and low cost, from the supply base to support emerging requirements
• As required, develop accurate and complete Bids and Proposals based on defined SOW’s
• Participate in peer reviews/design reviews to ensure products of optimum design and quality are developed, manufactured and delivered to the customers
• University Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• 7-10 years’ experience with medium caliber systems, knowledge of and experience with the weapon system products
• Ability to manage multiple activities and interface with functional groups successfully
• Demonstrated ability to present complex technical material, in a clear, concise, and engaging manner, to senior internal and external audiences
• Must be highly agile and have great analytical skills in order to evaluate options and make challenging decisions in a timely manner
• Excellent communication, planning and interpersonal skills
• Effective computer skills
• Ability to travel (20% Cdn) and (20% US & Int’l) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
• Ability to obtain Secret Level 2 security clearance
• Professional Engineering License
• Familiarity with supplier weapon stations including Medium Caliber Turrets, RWS, Mortars, Missile Launchers and Assault Guns with the ability to define system requirements, subsystem requirements, and integration thereof
• Familiarity with supplier subsystems and components (weapons, sights, drives, etc.) and weapon system requirement specification and integration thereof
• Prior military experience with operation, maintenance, and doctrine of armoured vehicle weapon systems
Due to the nature of the position, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements of the Canadian Controlled Goods Program, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.
While we at Randstad Engineering appreciate all applicants who apply, only those selected for a preliminary interview will be contacted.
Please apply online to randstad.ca
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.