Project Director Manager- Financial Services IFRS 17
Our client, one of the largest financial service organizations in Canada, is hiring a Project Director / Manager for a long term, 5 year project.
There will be significant changes to the financial and management reporting systems and processes across the organization with the adoption of the IFRS 17 standard. There is a skilled team working on preparing for the implementation with a series of work streams. You will have the opportunity to work across the workstreams to leverage your technical, leadership, and project management skills as the needs of the project evolve. As a member of the IFRS pool of Finance resources, you will be assigned to lead significant project milestones. Gain a variety of experience and exposure to an exciting and complex change to our business and how it will impact the Finance organization and the critical outcomes deliverable of Finance.
The policies being created will affect quarterly/ annual reporting, pricing, investment management, tax, capital management, performance metrics, risk management and profit management. Assignments may be to one or multiple projects at any time, with project work assigned to meet prioritized project milestones and/or to address gaps and opportunities across workstreams.
Responsibilities will vary according to the assignment and may include:
· Leading elements and of IFRS 17 policy development through analysis of options and impacts
· Identifying the IFRS 17 finance implications in the Financial Reporting and Management Reporting systems and the Financial Controls framework across the organization and for working with the BG finance, actuarial and technology leaders to prioritize the development of the business requirements and solutions as they relate to the finance functions across the organization
· Developing and documenting policy positions and engaging stakeholders in the Business Groups and Business Units for feedback
· Model development under IFRS 17 including controls and assumptions for financial metrics and insight into drivers of change for these metrics
· Identifying, developing and implementing solutions for the business impacts of IFRS 17
· Understanding and developing solutions for the impact of IFRS 17 on how Sun Life insurance businesses measure and manage financial risk; capital requirements; reinsurance; financial performance; business planning; and product design & pricing
· Developing transition material to support the change to IFRS compliance
· Creating and presenting education materials for Global actuarial stakeholders
Steps from Union
Work for one of the largest financial service organizations in Canada.
5 year project
· Professional accountant (CPA) with expertise in IFRS, life insurance accounting, and financial control knowledge
· Project management capabilities
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· In-depth experience in financial reporting and investment accounting
· Demonstrated ability to lead and manage changes involving complex organizational structure and system changes
· Strong interpersonal skills including collaboration and organizational know-how capabilities
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, impact and lead others
· Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
· Strong change management skills, able to drive the implementation of best practices and influence others to make or adjust to change
· Ability to effectively manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and to prioritize work and efforts in a matrix environment
· Ability to effectively manage relationships across the organization
· Ability to identify, interpret and report on trends, analyze data and make recommendations to senior management
· Minimum 5-10 years experience in an accounting or finance related role
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.