Accounts Payable Specialist
Our client, a leader in the financial services sector, is hiring an Accounts Payable Specialist for a 2 month contract with long term potential.
1. Assist in collection, validation, documentation and maintenance of valid US Tax forms for all vendors, determine correct withholding payments, follow up with vendors for soliciting the correct forms, tracking expired forms, reviewing incorrect taxpayer identification numbers, etc.
2. Assist in preparing various US and Canada regulatory & tax compliance reporting which includes year-end 1099 & 1042-S tax reporting to US, withholding reporting to Canada, etc.
3. Assist in quality assurance reviews on the correctness and completeness of the applicable US and Canadian tax rates & classifications applied to vendor payments including self-assessment tax reviews, etc.
4. Assist in evaluating requirements, identifying gaps, devising new controls/processes and provide recommendations to Director to enhance Treasury Accounts Payable’s control and process environment.
5. Assist team in preparing memo/reports, documenting procedures and preparing training materials on compliance processes and controls as necessary.
6. Liaison with auditors and divisional compliance teams to ensure timely completion of all compliance requirements relevant to Accounts Payable.
7. Assist in other compliance-related tasks that affect Accounts Payable.
Start working asap
Bloor and Yonge location
Working for an enterprise wide organization!
*Looking for a candidate with an accounting background
*Experience with Yardi is a huge asset
• University degree in a business-related field
• Excellent understanding of internal controls especially on various cash management processes & controls
• Minimum 1 of work experiences in compliance/control -related role
• Previous experience in auditing role is an asset
• Advanced Excel skill
• Demonstrated ability to readily recognize, evaluate and make recommendations on compliance issues as they impact the business
• Highly detail-oriented, excellent research and analytical skills
• Excellent organizational, prioritization and problem solving skills
• Highly motivated with the ability to take initiative and ownership of problems and tasks
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills in dealing with all levels of teams
• Good business writing skills
• Ability to work on multiple objectives, conflicting priorities and complex issues
• Demonstrate ability to be flexible due to changing business priorities
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.