Application Developer (Domino Developer)
Our Toronto client is looking for an experienced Application Developer (Domino Developer) for an exciting 12 month project to start.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. University degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and considerable years
of progressively more responsible experience working on small to medium-scale
Domino web applications for both an Intranet and Internet audience with a deep
understanding and practice of SDLC, Agile, and/or Waterfall or the equivalent
combination of education and/or experience.
2. Demonstrated minimum of five (5) years’ experience designing, developing and
supporting Domino web applications utilizing:
a. popular front-end frameworks (example: Bootstrap, Backbone, JQuery,
b. cross-browser compatibility,
c. mobile friendly responsive design
d. AODA compliance
e. Creation of web services that generate JSON data feeds for third party
applications, integration to other non- Domino software such as SAP,
Oracle databases, Web Content Management systems
3. Demonstrated experience in being detail oriented, have strong analytical skills
indicating depth of technical knowledge to assess existing applications where little
or no documentation may be available to determine which applications should be
modernized, the priority for doing this, the recommended modernization solution.
4. Demonstrated experience with respect to project management, estimating work
effort, rationale and time required to modernize an application, identifying risk and
5. Demonstration of excellent interpersonal and organizational skills which include:
a. written, verbal, and presentation communications
b. Ability to communicate and interact with a variety of project team
members, business application owners and management levels.
c. Ability to translate complex technical designs that will be understood by
non-technical clients, provide clear and specific documentation
d. Multitasking and handling of overlapping deadlines
e. knowledge sharing
6. Thorough understanding of QA processes with experience in conducting and
documenting unit testing, regression testing, performance, integration and load
testing. The ability to co-ordinate and effectively organize user acceptance testing.
Knowledge/familiarity of IT Software testing standards and methodology and
enterprise level testing suites such as HP QC.
7. Experience with broader public service, preferably government.
8. Experience with Domino or other decommissioning projects.
1. Demonstration of Web application development with Domino Designer 9.x
developing a variety of small and medium-sized collaborative applications for
both Internet (public consultation) and intranet (employees).
2. Experience developing front-end applications that utilize Domino Xpages, front
end frame works and experience with mobile development for Domino.
3. Experience with various Web2.0 technologies including but not limited to CSS 2
&3, AJAX, HTML5, Dojo, jQuery, creating JSON, JSONP, XML,CSV and
various Open Data formats.
4. Demonstrated understanding of control of web page content through client side
dynamic Java Script.
5. Domino development experience and integration with Web Content Management
systems, knowledge of FEB e-forms.
6. Demonstrated understanding of Domino architecture and administration.
For immediate consideration, apply online today!
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.