CNC Precision Machinist
CNC Precision Machinist
Are you a CNC machinist with at least 3 years of experience in precision machining? Are you looking for the opportunity to work with a reputed company, offering a great work environment? Are you an expert at troubleshooting and diagnosing problems on various machines? Can you provide expert advice to colleagues related to machining and its processes? Are you able to think creatively when developing new processes?
If you recognize yourself in the description below, let us know by:
E-mailing us at: stimottawarandstad.ca
Calling us at: 613.726.0220 and ask for Natacha or Lisa
Come see us at: 2222 Carling Ave, Nepean, ON, K2A 1H3
Responsibilities of the CNC Precision Machinist
• Troubleshooting and diagnosing problems with the machining process
• Providing technical advice to colleagues on processes, tooling and set ups
• Developing new processes by designing and testing tooling
• Estimating time, costs, and materials needed to complete new tasks
• Contacting suppliers to research new equipment and preparing related paperwork
• Developing documentation and training employees on operation of machines
• Implement process improvements using Lean Manufacturing principles
• Salary: $25-33/hour based on experience
• Shift: must be flexible to work day and night shifts (night shift includes a $2 premium)
• Tight-knit team with low turnover
• $50 boot allowance
• Profit sharing program
• Employer paid LTD benefits
• 2 weeks vacation (negotiable)
• College diploma in Machining Technology
• Certificate of Qualification as a General Machinist or Tool and Die Maker, Red Seal Certificate (asset)
• 3+ years of experience as a CNC machinist and programming, using mills and lathes
• Experience training machinists and operators
• Experience using Mastercam, Gibbscam, Post processors, VBA Macros, MS Office Suite, MRP system
• Experience in implementation of continuous improvement, Lean initiatives, understands 5S, Value Stream
Mapping, Keizen, 7 wastes
We appreciate all applications, however only those who meet the requirements for the position of CNC Precision Machinist will be contacted.
Did you know Randstad has a Facebook group for jobs in Ottawa? Add yourself to the group and be the first to find out about our latest opportunities!
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.