Randstad Engineering is recruiting on behalf of one of our clients who has been operating for over 50 years. The company is family owned and operated based out of the London head office. Due to current growth, the organization is seeking an experienced construction foreman to join the team, which specializes in excavating and completing integral parts of water/sewage treatment plants and major arterial roads in Southwestern Ontario.
The team is looking for a candidate that is willing to grow and develop with the company; the ideal candidate will have extensive experience in leading a construction crew as well as managing different ongoing projects on site.
Candidate responsibilities include:
• Oversee all aspects of a construction site
• Lead and manage a construction team
• Follow all safety standards and policies
• Coordinate construction projects and activities to ensure deadlines are met
• Coordinate with project managers in regards to equipment needs, labour needs and job scope changes
• Identify and solve deficiencies and disputes that may arise at a construction site or between suppliers
• Monitor project progress and labour productivity and make changes as needed
• Train and assign junior construction staff
Candidate requirements include:
• 5 years’ experience as construction foreman
• Experience in road, waterworks and sewer construction as well as knowledge about related equipment and materials
• Ability to coordinate and manage multiple construction projects and teams
• Ability to identify and solve related problems that may arise
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Planning and cost controlling skills
• Heavy Duty Mechanic license(421A) or experience in heavy duty equipment is an asset
This is a senior level position that offers a competitive compensation plan and complete benefits package. The candidate will be employed 12 months a year and will not be laid off during winter.
Job type: Full-time
To Apply: Please upload your resume to the job posting or call for more information if you have any difficulty applying.
Phone: 519-967-9142 Tony Zhang tony.zhangrandstad.ca
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.