Specialized in the repair and refurbishment of locomotives and wagons, we are currently looking for finishers for our Lachine center.
We are looking for motivated, meticulous and positive people to fill various positions within the different departments in our company.
The finisher will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Study plans, specifications or drawings of items to be manufactured or prepare specifications;
• Draw the contours of the pieces or mark their dimensions;
• Operate working machines such as power saws, saw blades, mortising machines,
• Moulders and use hand tools to cut, shape and shape parts or components;
• Plan joints, assemble parts and subassemblies to form using glue and clamps, and reinforce joints with nails, screws, or other fasteners;
• Apply finished items to a coating, stain or polish;
• Install various equipment inside wagons (carpets, panels, plywood, etc.).
• Adjust various equipment to conform to established standards.
• Check the quality of the work.
• Complete the production sheets.
• Take care of the proper maintenance of the work area (cleanliness, storage, etc.).
In your role, you’ll add value to our customers’ supply chain by providing fast refurbishment, product and testing.
All this by using state-of-the-art technology safely, while promoting social and environmental sustainability.
We strive to provide exceptional refurbishment, engineering, design and design services.
Through our testing department, we offer the best capabilities and far superior expertise in relation to competitors who work in the field of “fuel emissions” and “emission control engineering”
* A full-time position, Monday to Friday
* Future opportunities for advancement
* A competitive salary
* Free parking
* Accessible by public transit
– Combination of training and experience
– Rail experience (asset)
– Experience with a Dremel, sanding machine, table saw and miter saw (asset)
– Ability to work with wood, chipboard, ceramic or composite elements
– Organized, autonomous and methodical
– Ability to work under pressure and good management of priorities
– Anxious to meet the expectations of our customers
– Proficient in functional French and English, both oral and written
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.