Software Developer, Web & Cloud Applications
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to join an agile development team responsible for building cloud-based Computing and Data Management technologies. The ideal candidate should have experience developing and supporting large scale web applications.
As a member of a team, you will play an important role in the definition and development of core technologies that make up our client’s web-based design products. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on craftsperson with technology and code.
• Implement prototypes and software components.
• Collaborate with team of excellent engineers to design, plan, develop, test, deliver and maintain complex features and new subsystems.
• Interact with product management teams to review and implement proposed designs.
• Participate and advise in code reviews.
• Experience with large scale, distributed application design.
• Detail oriented and passionate about building great software.
• A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
• At least 1 year of experience in software development.
• Passion for building high quality software with extensive experience in unit testing and test driven development.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment.
• Fluid verbal skills in English
• Familiarity with HTML5 and modern web standards.
• Experience with continuous build and integration tools such as Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, and/or BuildBot will be a strong plus.
• Experience with Node.js is a strong plus.
• Experience contributing as a full-stack developer.
• Experience with Git or equivalent distributed revision control systems
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.