Senior Accounts Payable Clerk
Are you looking for a long-term contract with paid benefits and 3 weeks vacation? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? If you answered yes to these questions then this may be the contract for you. Randstad is working with a reputable law firm located in downtown Toronto who is seeking an Accounts Payable professional for a 12-month contract. See a list responsibilities below:
• Ensuring the adherence to Firm policies and business rules.
• Responding in a timely manner to internal and external client queries.
• Review coding of invoices and posting into the firm’s financial management system.
• Preparing payments including cheque runs and wires.
• Maintaining proper records of accounts payable transactions and keeping files up to date.
• Understanding and applying rules for various Canadian taxes.
• Month-end balancing, year-end balancing, and closing activities.
• Supporting and participating in various financial system implementations and related projects.
• Recommending process improvements in order to gain efficiencies and to reduce errors.
• Completing miscellaneous A/P duties as assigned by Supervisor or Senior Management.
This contract is a paid contract with the below benefits:
Competitive annual salary
Comprehensive benefits package
3 weeks vacation
Conveniently located close to Union Station in downtown Toronto
• College Diploma and/or Post secondary education in Accounting Program.
• 7+ years of Accounts Payable experience.
• Preference to candidates with professional service, Elite Enterprise, or 3E and Chrome River experience.
• Advanced skills in MS Excel with the ability to easily learn new software and applications.
• Strong worth ethic with superior attention to detail, strong communication skills (both verbal & written), and organized in how he/she works.
• Effectively manages priorities and successfully meets all deadlines.
• Exhibits good professional judgment and can independently follow through to resolve issues that may arise.
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.