Team Lead, Recruitment Services
Team Lead, Recruitment Services
Line of business: Engineering
Situated in Calgary
This position’s primary focus is to grow Randstad Calgary’s wallet share in various MSP & non-MSP large accounts and to deliver to Randstad large account service model in line with the client’s expectations and objectives, as well as meet or exceed Randstad performance requirements.
– On-going client relationship development and management
– Overall management of the Calgary Engineering recruitment team (Resource Managers), including performance management, KPI’s, employee development
– Overseeing team recruitment activities to meet account-specific SLA requirements
– Understand and lead the full requirement life cycle
– Build and develop a strong delivery team
– Develop, implement and coordinate Delivery activities and strategies
– Meet or exceed financial and operational targets
– Have thorough knowledge of accounts’ SLAs, processes and compliance requirements and follow them diligently
– Act as first point of contact for any client escalations with regards to Recruitment.
– Ensure efficient operations through collaboration with Calgary Engineering Account Managers / Client Leaders.
Education & Experience:
– 5 or more years’ experience in Recruitment
– Previous Leadership experience strategic account delivery
– Experience supporting the development of a centralized delivery team
– Proven track record of overachievement of financial targets
– Experience managing client relationships with complex organizations
– Solid track record of making strong matches for their clients
– Previous experience working effectively in an MSP environment
– Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
– Excellent time management, multitasking and prioritization skills
– Proactive and strong sense of urgency
– Strong customer focus
– Exemplary attention to detail
– Proven ability to make sound business decisions
– Goal-oriented and driven to achieve targets
– Resilient and tenacious
– Determined and focused approach
– Outgoing with strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Team player
– Good planning, execution and time-management skills
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Randstad Canada will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact your Randstad Recruiter/Consultant about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.