Quality Assurance Specialist
Our client an industry leader in Cyber Security and Digital Identity Access is seeking to recruit a full time Quality Assurance Specialist with at least 5 years of experience to be part of their growing Product Development team.
Reporting to: QA Team Lead
– Understanding of QA methodology and industry best practices
– Solicit understanding of requirements and provide feedback
– Seek to understand the software limitations and protocols
– Write test plans from requirements and use cases while ensuring optimal coverage
– Create test cases with sufficient detail to characterize the breaking point of the design and proactively maintain the test case suite upon design changes
– Effectively prioritize test execution while examining solution dependencies and risks
– Set up required test beds (software and network)
– Design automated tests – knowledge in JAVA / Bash script is an asset
– Test software releases through manual and automated testing
– Clearly report defects with sufficient detail and proactively track them to resolution
– Create test logs and reports, including time tracking, work progress, and roadblocks
– Support the creation, maintenance, and enhancement of internal tools and processes
– Keep up-to-date on existing web design / security / protocol technology and popular testing tools
– Collaborate with the team to support scalable testing while leveraging innovative ideas
– Experience with performance, integration, regression and solution testing
– Test Plan authoring including writing test cases and automation scripts
– Working understanding of LDAP structure (OpenDJ considered an asset)
– Experience with Linux/Unix
– In-depth experience in network protocols, including SMTP, NTP, SSH, and TCP/IP related to networked testing environment
– Comfortable with frequent and incremental code deployments
– Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
– Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with the broader team
Education and Security Clearance
– Bachelor’s degree in Systems/Software/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
– Ability to attain and maintain a Government of Canada Secret (tier II) clearance
Please submit your resume to Randstad Technologies at www.randstad.ca under job posting #2076595
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.