Senior HR Manager | Scarborough
Senior HR Manager | Scarborough
We have an exciting opportunity with an industrial sector client in Scarborough for a Senior Human Resources Manager. Reporting to the VP of HR for Canada, the HR Manager will help revamp the HR function across Canada and establish best practices in a growing organization, in a hands on and strategic capacity. The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of progressive HR experience. Unionized experience is an asset.
What you’ll be doing:
• Responsibilities include workforce planning, talent acquisition, compensation/incentive development and administration, talent development and management, and employee relations for union and nonunion employees.
• Develop and execute HR practices and procedures that support business strategy.
• Act as change advocate to influence the design and delivery of HR programs and initiatives aligned with Local and Global guidelines.
• Support our leaders in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the business strategy.
• Provide guidance and counsel to managers on employee relations issues, including development feedback and performance management.
• Act as mentor and coach for employees and for members of the Human Resource Organization.
• Execution of day to day HR operational activities such as policy administration, employee data maintenance and reporting.
Why you want this job:
• Competitive salary
• Bonus incentive
• RRSP, Pension, Benefits
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Work for a dynamic HR leader
• Help build the HR function for Canada
Do you have the right qualifications?
• University Degree in Human Resources Management or HR certificate
• 7-10 years of experience in Human Resources
• Experience in industrial environments preferred (blue collar)
• Labour relations background/HR experience in unionized environment is essential
• Ability to quickly build relationships with employees and managers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid knowledge of employment legislation, WSIB, Workers Compensation, RTW programs
• Strong critical thinking skills and ability to use good judgment
• Self-starter, flexible and a confident positive attitude
• Some travel in Canada is required
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.