Substation / P&C – Design Engineer
• Develop detailed design drawing, plans and specifications for Substation P&C (Protection and Control) additions, upgrades, and enhancements.
• Ensure all applicable engineering, industry, and industry standards, codes, regulations and public safety are applied in designs.
• Authenticate own work.
• Provide engineering support to field staff.
• Monitor, and report on project scope, schedule, budget, and quality.
• Equipment and material specification and procurement.
• Provide exceptional customer service; managing client expectations and resolving technical and project issues in a timely manner.
• Provide peer reviews.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Registered as a Professional Engineer with APEGA
Qualifications and Experience:
· 5 – 10 years of related Substation design experience, specifically in the area of Substation P&C design.
· Knowledge of Electrical Power Distribution Systems, including codes, regulations, work practices, and safety, would be an asset
· Electrical utility knowledge
· Consulting Engineering experience would be an asset
· Ability to work individually as well as in a team
· Excellent communication with engineers, field crews, and customers
· A passion for problem solving
· Detail oriented
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.