Senior DevOps Engineer
We are seeking a hands-on senior level DevOps Engineer to join a team of app developers in an established and growing market for one of the top automotive remarketing businesses in North America. The DevOps Engineer will be a key contributor to a positive and progressive culture, continuously drive improvements, understand the business, technology, and customers’ needs as a critical part of a larger movement to build and deliver highly-available SaaS solutions located in a brand new, bright office on King st. in Downtown Toronto.
Why is this opportunity for you?
• Input into the product design process – its more than solely coding. We are looking for people that are passionate about delivering exceptional experiences through app development
• There is a large team of industry, product and technical experts in Toronto to help and support your team.
• We use a modern development stack including Amazon Web Services (AWS) Lambda & Kinesis and Node.js ¡V we are primarily an open source shop. We run on Atlassian, SLACK, Jenkins, Github Enterprise, Splunk, SolarWinds and other top industry technologies.
• 12 Minute walk from Union Station ¡V if you are a commuter.
What you¡¦ll be responsible for:
• Build and manage system environments with infrastructure-as-code
• Ensure high-availability of prod and non-prod environments
• Maintain SLAs of various services
• Design and implement reliable monitoring and alerting
• Define and implement processes and procedures for ongoing operation of various systems
• Educate developers and other engineers about developing production-ready robust software
What we¡¦re looking for:
• Strong background in operating public-facing production environments with high-availability
• Extensive experience with AWS
• Experience with monitoring and alerting solutions like NewRelic, AppDynamics, Splunk, DataDog, Loggly, PagerDuty, Pingdom
• Understanding of Site Reliability Engineering
• Experience implementing infrastructure-as-code with CloudFormation or TerraForm
• Communication and teamwork skills
If you are an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer, this could be an excellent career opportunity. Contact us to begin your application.
Thank you for applying to be a Senior DevOps Engineer! We’ll review your application and connect shortly if you¡¦re a good fit. Reach out to Chris to discuss this role at: chris.macleodrandstad.ca
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.