DevOps Big data Specialist
In this role, you will administer all technical aspects of the company cloud infrastructure throughout the business with a strong focus on service delivery and big data processing.
• Design, install and maintain big data analytics platform;
• Manage public and private cloud infrastructure;
• Support the analytics team requests for specialised solutions;
• Troubleshooting and performance tuning of analytic jobs;
• Maintain and improve system automation and management tools;
• Administer and manage the web and online gaming server environment globally;
• Work alongside the system administrators located at other sites;
• Monitor online services and take necessary actions to ensure SLAs are met or exceeded;
• Monitor system health and security;
• Create system, process and workflow documentations;
• Provide technical support towards all aspect of the infrastructure and help developers in debugging, troubleshooting and optimizing online software components and tools;
• Work with agile delivery teams to ensure build management, automated testing and software deployment;
• Work closely with hosting companies and data centres to improve the service delivery throughout the business;
• Take proactive approach in identifying and alleviating capacity planning issues and bottlenecks, forecast resource requirements;
• Provide high quality support of the infrastructure and liaise with the other 3rd level support teams regarding networking, server and storage issues;
• Script, manage, configure and tailor monitoring solutions and respond to incidents.
Experience and qualifications
• Working in production public cloud environment;
• Experience in building and managing big data processing pipelines in a production environment;
• Experience with managing both SQL and noSQL systems;
• in-depth knowledge and management experience with AWS and GCP automation pipelines and serverless architectures;
• Strong Linux system administration background;
• System automization experience regarding deployment and configuration management.
• Experience in writing, debugging and troubleshooting analytics jobs, map/reduce jobs, spark jobs in python/scala/java;
• Hands-on experience with more of the following components: hadoop, elesticsearch, impala, spark, hue, apache, nginx, mysql, redis, postgres, mongodb, haproxy;
• Experience in designing/managing highly available systems, distributed systems, clustering;
• Managing monitoring and alerting systems, central logging, log analytics, backup and archive solutions.
Interested for this role or similar opportunities? Please send your CV to guillaume.dionrandstad.ca
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.