Information Systems Manager
Our client, a family owned organization / Real Estate company is looking for someone to join them as their Information Systems Manager. This is a new role within the organization and whilst they will be using resources from a larger group they work with, this role will work very independently.
The Manager of Information Systems is responsible for the day to day operations of the computer systems. This includes network and telecom systems, servers, clients, mobile devices, etc. of the company and its related business units. The position also includes backups, implementing disaster recovery procedures, and purchasing equipments. The position will be responsible for the maintenance of all company technology operations. The Information Systems Manager will also maintain and monitor the existing information systems applications and ensure that appropriate controls exists, that the processing is efficient and accurate and that systems and procedures are in compliance with organizational standards. The candidate should be competent to work on most phases of information systems implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The mission of this job is to maintain the network & Telecommunications operations of the company and its related business units. Specific duties include:
– Monitor LAN and WAN connectivity & security
– Maintain servers, routers switches and other infrastructure equipment
– Maintain vendor relationships and asset inventories of hardware & software within the company infrastructure.
– Set up company PC and information systems
– Provide computer hardware/software support
– Develop solutions to various user-related computing needs
– Translate goals and business needs of the organization into technology-based solutions
– Identify emerging technologies within the industry and changes needed to existing technology, systems and applications throughout the company.
– Identify user needs, resolve problems and assist with workflow across all levels of the organization
Requirements and Qualifications:
– Formal education should include a college diploma or university degree in an IT related field.
– In lieu of formal education, the candidate should have 10+ years of IT experience in maintaining network environments and hold a Microsoft MCSE certification
– Specific experience should include telecommunications, hardware & software troubleshooting. Help desk experience, and IT purchasing and vendor relations.
– Desktop and network support
– Extensive experience within relevant application server products including database, email, etc. Telecom Systems, their working s and Video Conferencing
– IT infrastructure including equipment, cabling, and both LAN and WAN connectivity.
– Routers, managed and unmanaged switches , firewalls
– IT related purchasing, SLA’s, warranty and asset tracking
– IT Management of both internal and external resources
– Self motivated, proactive, able to work independently but also a great team player
– Excellent communication and customer service skills.
If you think this role is for you, please apply today!
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch. < br/> < br/> Apply for job